Kineo helps the world’s leading businesses improve employee performance through learning and technology. With the need for Human Resources (HR) and Learning & Development (L&D) departments to demonstrate the value of training programmes, the pressure is on for external eLearning developers to help maximise a client’s Return on Investment (ROI).
Kineo was asked by a world-leading investment management firm to develop fully customised, highly visual and interactive training modules. The delivery was to be ‘responsive’ to suit access via multiple devices. The aim was to educate employees on compliance laws, regulations, and company policies, showing how to remain compliant in day-to-day activities. Subjects to be covered in the modules were as diverse as ethical standards, anti‑money laundering, international sanctions, IT security, risk management and many others. The subject matter required translation into French, German and Flemish. The client required input on the terminology and style of all localised modules to ensure their corporate voice was evident in the tone and style of language. The training was to be made up of seven modules, totalling 3.5 hours of learning time, equating to approximately 60,000 words for translation.
- Ensure the correct technical process and linguistic quality assurance measures were followed at all stages
- Capture industry-specific terminology, whilst also maintaining the preferred style and corporate tone-of-voice
- Provide an effective process for changes made to either the original English content or to localised versions post sign-off
- Work efficiently with in-country Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) using their knowledge and managing their time to create impactful final modules to pre-agreed project schedules.
- Fully localised, tested, and functioning modules successfully delivered
- Fully tailored and consistent terminology and style throughout translated modules
- On-going cost savings through use of translation memory and leveraging repeated content
- Streamlined process and communication liaising directly with Kineo and the end client.
“Now that the project has finished I wanted to say thanks so much for your hard work and patience on this project. You were incredibly diligent when it came to client feedback amends and knowing what needed to be done which made my job a lot easier and I am grateful!”