We are available 24/7 on this email
Kineo helps the world’s leading businesses improve employee performance through learning and technology. With the need for Human Resources (HR) and Learning & Development (L&D) departments to demonstrate the value of training programmes, the pressure is on for external eLearning developers to help maximise a client’s Return on Investment (ROI).
Kineo was asked by a world-leading investment management firm to develop fully customised, highly visual and interactive training modules. The delivery was to be ‘responsive’ to suit access via multiple devices.
The aim was to educate employees on compliance laws, regulations, and company policies, showing how to remain compliant in day-to-day activities. Subjects to be covered in the modules were as diverse as ethical standards, anti-money laundering, international sanctions, IT security, risk management and many others.
The subject matter required translation into French, German and Flemish. The client required input on the terminology and style of all localised modules to ensure their corporate voice was evident in the tone and style of language. The training was to be made up of seven modules, totalling 3.5 hours of learning time, equating to approximately 60,000 words for translation.
- Ensure the correct technical process and linguistic quality assurance measures were followed at all stages
- Capture industry-specific terminology, whilst also maintaining the preferred style and corporate tone-of-voice
- Provide an effective process for changes made to either the original English content or to localised versions post sign-off
- Work efficiently with in-country Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) using their knowledge and managing their time to create impactful final modules to pre-agreed project schedules.
Approach / Solution
- The dedicated Global Lingo team created a timeline document outlining key dates for each project deliverable and indicated when input would be required by various parties, including client SMEs.
- To accommodate last-minute changes to either content or the module build, the team created a contingency plan to allow for flexibility in the process without endangering the final project deadline.
- A carefully selected team of translators and proof-readers was assigned, with the relevant backgrounds in investment, regulation and compliance.
- Multilingual glossaries were created in all target languages. These glossaries were shared with in-country Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for approval.
- Translation was carried out, followed by proofreading and editing by a second linguist.
- Global Lingo linguists utilised the various CAT (computer-assisted translation) tools at their disposal. This included an automated term base tool to ensure adherence to the pre-approved glossaries, as well as translation memory to guarantee on-going stylistic consistency and to generate cost savings for repetitions.
- By providing the client with a simple bilingual table file in which to input any changes, a client review stage was incorporated into the process.
- Post client review, the revised version was used to update the translation memory. This ensured all client preferences were consistent in each language and used thereafter for each translation.
- Prior to delivery, a thorough linguistic sign-off stage was carried out.
- Global Lingo worked closely with not only City & Guild Kineo staff, but also the end client’s personnel in the UK and target language markets; managing the communication process and ensuring tasks were completed on time.
- Fully localised, tested, and functioning modules successfully delivered
- Fully tailored and consistent terminology and style throughout translated modules
- On-going cost savings through use of translation memory and leveraging repeated content
- Streamlined process and communication liaising directly with Kineo and the end client.
What Kineo have to say about us
“Now that the project has finished I wanted to say thanks so much for your hard work and patience on this project. You were incredibly diligent when it came to client feedback amends and knowing what needed to be done which made my job a lot easier and I am grateful!”
Click to download a PDF copy of this case study in detail.
We design comprehensive accounts of all our clients.
Looking for translation services?
Our global translation services help companies distribute content to other audiences across the world. Whether this is information in documents, web content, product or marketing campaigns, or audio-visual media, our team of experienced, industry-qualified translators offers an exceptional level of service.
Did you know?
Global Lingo has one of the largest pool of linguists in the industry. Everyone is a native speaker in the language they are translating into, and we can translate into and from 150+ languages. So, whatever your project, whatever the language, Global Lingo can help.
Speak to a consultant
If you’re not sure what service you need or you’d like to discuss the kinds of Translation you require then we can get one of our team to give you a call. Simply complete the form below and we will get back to you.