Global Lingo Ltd is a Limited Company registered in England and Wales (registration number 05771718). The Company trades as ‘Global Lingo’ and is located at the following registered office: China Works, Black Prince Road, London, SE1 7SJ.
Global Lingo is committed to protecting your data and puts information security at the forefront of its processes. This Policy outlines how we collect your personal data, how we process your data, and also how it is stored. Please read through the information below carefully.
For the purpose of data protection legislation, you can contact the data controller by writing to Global Lingo, China Works, Black Prince Road, London, SE1 7SJ, UK, or by sending an email to [email protected].
Information we may collect from you
• We collect and use information from visitors to www.global-lingo.com or any other site operated by us (our site). Our website server automatically logs the IP address you use to access our website as well as other information about your visit such as the pages accessed, information requested, the date and time of the request, the source of your access to our website (e.g. the website or URL (link) which referred you to our website), and your browser version and operating system.
• We collect and use information from individuals who contact us via email, telephone, a contact form or post.
o Email: When you send an email to the address displayed on our website, we collect your email address and any information you provide in that email (such as your name, telephone number and the information contained in any signature block in your email).
o Telephone: When you contact us by telephone, we collect your phone number and any information provided during your conversation with us. Calls may be recorded for training purposes.
o Contact Form: When you contact us using our contact form, we collect the following information: your first and last name, email address, job title, company name, telephone number, and any information you include in the message field. We also collect the file you upload, if you provide one.
o Post: If you contact us by post, we will collect any information you provide to us in any postal communications you send us.
• We collect and use information from individuals who request a quote on our website.
• Generally, we do not receive information about you from third parties. The third parties from which we receive information about you will generally include other businesses and clients we work with, from time to time, who may recommend our services to you. These could be businesses in any industry, sector, sub-sector, or location. Information we obtain from third parties will generally be your name and contact details but will include any additional information about you which they provide to us.
IP Address and Cookies
Cookies are data files which are sent from a website to a browser to record information about users for various purposes.
Global Lingo will collect data on how you browse our website to help us improve it.
We’ll use Google Analytics to collect data on:
• the terms you enter in the search box
• the pages you visit
• the links you click on
When you visit Global Lingo’s website, we’ll put a small file (known as a ‘cookie’) onto your computer to collect the data.
• measure how you use the Service so it can be updated and improved based on your needs
• remember the notifications you’ve seen so that we don’t show them to you again
• remember that you’ve already seen this page
• call tracking
You’ll see a message on the site before we store a cookie on your computer.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by employees or linguists operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such employees or linguists may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of orders and the provision of support services.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How We Use Your Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• We will not pass your details to third parties to use your data for marketing purposes.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) or, where you have given your consent, by telephone, with information about goods and services similar to those previously provided to you by Global Lingo.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please ensure you opt out of these kinds of communications, if already opted in.
We do not disclose personally identifiable information to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users.
Disclosure of your information
We use a number of third parties to provide us with services necessary to run our business, or to assist us with running our business, and who process your information for us on our behalf. These include the following:
• Telephone providers (UK)
• Email provider (Europe)
• Mailing list provider (USA)
• IT service providers (UK)
• Web developers (UK)
• Hosting provider (UK)
Apart from our mailing list provider, which is located in the United States of America, our service providers are located in Europe.
Your information will be shared with these service providers only where necessary to enable us to run our business.
Subject to certain limitations on certain rights, you have the following rights in relation to your information, which you can exercise by writing to: Global Lingo, Southbank House, Black Prince Road, London, SE1 7SJ, or sending an email to [email protected]:
• to request access to your information and information related to our use and processing of your information
• to request the correction or deletion of your information
• to request that we restrict our use of your information
• to receive information which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format (e.g. a CSV file), and the right to have that information transferred to another data controller (including a third-party data controller)
• to object to the processing of your information for certain
• and to withdraw your consent to our use of your information at any time where we rely on your consent to use or process that information. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use and processing of your information based on your consent before the point in time when you withdraw your consent.
Access to Your Information
The European legislative and regulatory body grants any data subject affected by the processing of personal data the right to request at any time information about and a copy of the scope of personal data stored about his or her person free of charge from the controller. The European legislative and regulatory body furthermore grants the data subject the right to request the following information:
• the purpose for processing
• the categories of personal data processed
• the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed; in particular, recipients in third countries or international organisations
• where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period
• the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing
• the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
• where the personal data are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source
• the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Article 22 (1) and (4) GDPR and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as
• the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject.
Furthermore, the data subject shall have the right to be informed about whether personal data has been transferred to a third country or to an international organisation. To the extent that this is the case, the data subject furthermore has the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards relating to the transfer.
Where a data subject wishes to execute this right of access, he or she can contact us in writing to Global Lingo, China Works, Black Prince Road, London, SE1 7SJ, United Kingdom or by email to [email protected].
Last Updated: 27th March 2020