Global Lingo – Our Values
Global Lingo is a fast-growing professional Language Service Provider, with a global footprint featuring offices spanning the UK (Global HQ), Romania, Singapore, Australia, Guatemala and the USA. We are committed to be a caring, open and inclusive company – we are an ambitious business but with a family culture. We are agile and have a can-do attitude, which puts service and quality at the absolute forefront. We believe in developing our colleagues and continuous improvement & we are passionate about what we do.
Role Competences & Values
We seek hard working and committed salespeople who have a quality and service focus, and who are committed so customer service & building lasting client relationships. In this ‘hunter’ role we expect high levels of activity and someone capable of selling in a proactive, yet consultative manner. We are looking for talented relationship builders who are willing to be responsible for their individual target, whilst still contributing as a team player, within both the regional and global sales team.
If you are a determined Sales professional with focus on finding global opportunities, Global Lingo is a fit for you!
Education and Experience
Global Lingo does not require any specific educational background for this role. We do prefer all BDMs to have 2 years sales experience in a similar role, preferably in the localization industry or a company target sector.
The Business Development Manager sales role here at Global Lingo will fundamentally be appraised on new business won, though we do also set KPI’s on sales activity to ensure that our sales team are constantly working hard to grow our business.
- Build a book of business and generate new revenue for Global Lingo. Grow business from existing and assigned accounts.
- Respond to new opportunities, if profitable, by expanding into new verticals e.g. Manufacturing, Technology, Legal etc. to protect EMEA from low points in the economic cycle.
- Research global opportunities that emanate from EMEA – working with Sales Directors in Asia Pacific and Americas, together with the sales team, leverage GL track record to develop local contracts into global contracts with multi-national companies in different geographies.
- Monitor competitor activity in your vertical(s) and region, reporting on new service offerings, products, technology, pricing and marketing activity.
- Stay up-to-date with industry news to ensure you are at the forefront of opportunities within L10n & can offer clients forward-thinking, flexible language solutions.
- Articulate and demonstrate to prospects the underlying value proposition of the Global Lingo transcription and translation offerings.
- Attend seminars, events and conferences where appropriate to generate leads and promote the company – justify purpose and expense to the EMEA Sales Director.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate the pre-and post-sales process – includes preparation of RFI / RFQ / RFP responses and working closely with end customers, client services representatives, operations and finance to ensure client satisfaction.
- Record key activity, meetings and correspondence for each customer in the CRM (Salesforce) and keep contact details relevant.
Why Global Lingo
- Competitive compensation plan
- Implemented strategy for personal development plan
- Flexible working policy
- Constructive and consultative working environment
- Benefits plan
*Our benefits plan varies according to the country you are located in, so please reach out in case you have any questions.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply today!