Our global transcription service: Features and benefits
What is transcription and what makes our transcription writing services stand above those of our competitors’?
- Professional writers: We use professional writers (not just touch typists), assigned based on specialist subject knowledge and suitability to the content, length and speaker accents, ensuring accurate and detailed transcripts are produced.
- 3-stage quality process: We are ISO 9001 certified and follow a 3-stage quality assurance process. Firstly, a draft transcript is produced, and a second professional writer then edits and proofreads this, checking the accuracy of content, grammar, and more. A further round of quality checks then takes place focusing on areas such as spelling, numeric data, key terminology, correct spelling of names/attendees, formatting and presentation.
- Choice: We provide both verbatim transcripts that transfer the spoken word, exactly how it is heard into text; word-for-word and letter-for-letter, including pauses, laughter, coughs and any filler words. Verbatim transcripts are typically used for compliance and legal processes. Our transcriptionists also offer non-verbatim (tidied-up) transcripts that focus on capturing the meaning of what is being said rather than how it is said. These transcriptions omit or adjust non-verbal, as well as filler words, repeated words and any other irrelevant material. These transcripts are widely used for the presentation of financial results and investor or board meetings.
- Consistent presentation: All transcripts will be formatted and presented consistently, ensuring transcripts are always presented in exactly the same way. A tailored template will be created at the start of a relationship for approval, or Global Lingo can work with any existing templates already available.
- Security and confidentiality: We work to strict security protocols to keep information safe and all processes are certified to ISO 27001 for information security management. Security checks are made to UK Government BPSS standards or local market equivalent standards. Our bespoke business management portal GloZone offers secure processing and storage of sensitive and confidential client data.
- Extensive resources: Our experienced in-house team based in our offices worldwide, together with our vast database of professional writers, enables us to produce the highest-quality transcriptions 24 hours a day across the globe. We are equipped to handle high-volume or fast-turnaround transcriptions, supported by our Linguist Management Team, whose sole responsibility is to ensure Global Lingo always has sufficient levels of vetted and tested linguistic resources available. We are the transcription agency you can rely on.