We are available 24/7 on this email
DeltaNet International are a global team of specialists with over 20 years of experience, providing off-the-shelf and bespoke Compliance, Health and Safety, Security, and Performance Management eLearning, as well as learning management platforms and solutions.
With Human Resources (HR) and Learning & Development (L&D) departments not only needing to demonstrate a return on investment from global training programmes, but also employ innovative methods for increasing the uptake of information, the pressure is on companies like DeltaNet to provide measurable results, while producing dynamic and captivating learning solutions.
DeltaNet International was asked by a multinational speciality chemicals and sustainable technologies company to develop fully bespoke, interactive training courses, incorporating interactive elements such as animations, audio, and video.
- The objective was to educate employees on the company’s Code of ethics, covering topics such as health and safety, working ethically and legally, conflicts of interest, personal data and information security, bribery, and environmental responsibility and sustainability.
- Information was to be delivered in a captivating manner, and test learners on an ongoing basis throughout the course to actively measure progress.
- The course duration was approximately 30 minutes in length, equating to 15,000 words across text and audio.
- The delivery had to be highly professional with the company’s CEO involved in a video introduction at the start of the course.
- The course was to be fully localised into Chinese, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Macedonian, Malay, Marathi, Polish, Portuguese (for Brazil and Portugal), Russian, Spanish (for Latin America), and Swedish
- Subject matter experts (SME) were to be involved to understand and capture the client’s corporate tone-of-voice and ensure the company identity was accurately recreated in all 21 languages in order to create the most impactful learning experience.
Approach / Solution
- Carefully selected teams of translators and proofreaders were assigned for each language, with linguists chosen for their experience in chemistry, corporate ethics, and compliance topics.
- A ‘Project Launch’ meeting was held between stakeholders from DeltaNet International and the Dedicated Global Lingo Team, during which project milestones were discussed, potential challenges assessed, and a detailed schedule devised. Client SMEs were informed in advance, so they would be fully aware of when input would be required, thereby helping to secure the overall timeline.
- Translation memory technology was used to guarantee on-going stylistic consistency and to generate substantial cost savings for repeated content appearing across the course and audio content.
- A bespoke workflow was devised, fully translating the course content first, for SMEs’ review and sign-off, after which audio script was translated using signed-off course translation, creating an easier more streamlined process for ensuring linguistic consistency between course content and audio script.
- For translation review, SMEs were provided with a simple bilingual table in which to input any changes. All SME preferences were updated to the translation memory ensuring all client preferences were captured and ready for use during subsequent translations.
- Prior to delivery, a thorough QA and sign-off stage was carried out, working through the course checking the translated text, visuals, and functionality. The project management team provided regular email and phone updates on the project’s status, ensuring changes to content were dealt with in an efficient and timely manner.
- Fully localised, tested, and functioning modules successfully delivered
- Linguistic consistency achieved across all course elements (course, audio, supporting documents)
- Terminology and style tailored to client’s corporate identity and tone-of-voice
- Significant on-going cost savings achieved through using translation memory and leveraging repeated content
- With the ability to localise courses produced in any eLearning authoring tool into any language, Global Lingo collaborates closely with DeltaNet International to localise training modules for a variety of clients.
Looking for translation services?
Our global translation services help companies distribute content to other audiences across the world. Whether this is information in documents, web content, product or marketing campaigns, or audio-visual media, our team of experienced, industry-qualified translators offers an exceptional level of service.
Speak to a consultant
If you’re not sure what service you need or you’d like to discuss the kinds of Translation you require then we can get one of our team to give you a call. Simply complete the form below and we will get back to you.