Pret A Manger is an international sandwich shop chain based in the United Kingdom, commonly referred to as Pret. Founded in 1986, Pret currently has over 550 shops in nine countries and is expanding its reach every year. The company’s mission is to create handmade, fresh food, avoiding the obscure chemicals, additives and preservatives common to so much of the ‘prepared’ and ‘fast’ food on the market today. Global Lingo first assisted with a shop opening in Utrecht, in the Netherlands (Dutch) and has since become a trusted partner.
- Ahead of opening shops in new markets, Pret localize all their employee training, operation manuals, equipment user guides and marketing materials; as well as country-specific website content, menus, allergen notices and e-Learning courses – with over 100 files per project.
- Great emphasis is placed on employee recruitment, training and mentoring, ensuring every person within the company knows their role, how to safely use their equipment, as well as the goals and expectations within the company.
- Files for translation vary from guides (interview, customer service, cleaning, hand washing, food labeling, etc.), job descriptions, recipes, productivity trackers, how to cards, posters, signs, safety rules/ manuals, journals to presentation slides etc.
- Pret require very quick turnarounds, as there is limited movement/flexibility on shop openings; therefore, it is imperative timelines are met.
- Volumes of 100+ documents equating to 350,000+ words.
- Content provided was a mixture of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign and Adobe Illustrator files.
- Pret received fully localized print-ready materials, by their requested deadlines.
- PDF versions and artwork packages were provided alongside this, so that they could make any final tweaks if they wished on their side.
- Global Lingo have by now helped Pret with shop openings in the Netherlands (Dutch), Denmark (Danish), Germany (German) and the United Arab Emirates (Arabic).
- The collaboration has also expanded into the localisation of e-Learning training courses for distribution among French, Spanish and German-speaking employees.
“Global Lingo have now collaborated with us on three of our projects in Europe. Each time they have been presented with challenging timelines that they have happily worked around, delivering a consistent service. The team have always been really helpful and accommodating, which has made the process so much easier.”