Features and benefits of translation memory software
Utilising translation memory offers Global Lingo’s clients the following benefits:
- Improved linguistic consistency and quality: As new content is translated using top industry translation memory software, our linguists are automatically prompted as to how a segment was previously translated, or how a similar prior segment was translated. Access to previous translations provides reference to our linguists in terms of terminology, style and commonly used phrases
- Utilising translation memory improves the corporate voice and quality of branding: Consistency increases across all types of an organisation’s translated content (marketing, video, web content, press releases, external/internal comms etc.)
- Ongoing and increasing reduction of translation costs: As previously translated content is detected and leveraged, discounts are applied to identical and similar segments of text. As the translation memory content grows, discounts will increase over time
- Reduction in delivery times: As more content is available within the translation memory, this will reduce translation times as our linguists are prompted to use more and more content
- Reduction in review and feedback during client review stages: When feedback or amendments are provided, Global Lingo ensures these are systematically updated in our translation memories. This ensures the linguistic preferences are captured for use in future translation, whereby review of the same segment does not need to take place again
- Feedback and linguistic preferences can be provided via offline options as well as our online translation review platform (LiveReview). This allows clients to provide feedback in real time and directly on our online editing tool. This aids in providing feedback without hassle and avoids the risks associated with manual file updating and content transfer.