We are available 24/7 on this email
Finance Manager – London / Cluj
Job title: Finance Manager
Reporting to: Group Finance Controller
Location: London, Cluj
Type of employment: Permanent, Full Time
Experience: 3+ years in a finance role
Who We Are
Global Lingo is an ambitious and fast-growing professional Language Service Provider, with offices in the UK (Global HQ), USA, Romania, Singapore, Australia and Guatemala. We have a commitment to being a caring, open and inclusive company. We are agile and have a can-do attitude, which puts client service and quality at the absolute forefront of everything that we do.
We are looking for a results-driven and confident Finance Manager to manage our operational Finance function. The Finance Manager is responsible for ensuring timely completion of all operational payables, receivables and bookkeeping tasks. The Finance Manager supervises the receivables process to ensure group billing, collection and credit process is managed successfully in line with relevant KPIs. The payables process is managed such that global payments, supplier invoicing, banking and compliance requirements are processed and/or approved alongside another authorised user. You will also contribute to company bookkeeping and accounting processes by ensuring accurate group bank reconciliations, ability to create any operational financial reports as per management request and be able to prepare draft month end and annual year end packs for review by the Group Finance Controller.
If you are a dedicated finance professional with strong analytical skills and a passion for numbers, Global Lingo is a fit for you!
Education & Experience
This role requires at least 3 years of proven experience in an accounting or finance role. A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Finance, Accounting and Business Administration or a Professional Accounting Qualification (e.g. AAT). Experience with working on ERP / Accounting systems such as SAP, Sage, Financial Force, Quickbooks, etc is a must.
- Issuing and review of customer and payable invoices to ensure correctness and compliance
- Management and documentation for all operational Finance processes
- Review of all new client and supplier profiles and approve any changes required
- Manage incoming client queries into the department
- Advise other staff members and stakeholders on Finance matters
- Overview on the debt collection process in line with company expected debtor days
- Monthly and annual accounts preparation for review by Group Finance Controller
- Any other duties required to manage the day-to-day Finance operations
- Demonstrated ability to build a credibility-based relationship of trust on any financial matter with internal stakeholders and external parties, in particular with key client contacts and sales leaders.
- Utilise your technical knowledge and process driven mindset to establish and document processes and procedures that form the framework of how the Finance team operates.
- Challenge the status quo in terms of how the company manages its financial and wider operations and contribute proactively in developing those improvements.
- Actively manage risk in everything that you do, ensuring your position as gatekeeper for accuracy of financial postings and transactions is thorough and contributes to being a role model in the team and the wider organisation on the concepts of compliance and correctness of process.
- Efficient time management such that tasks are prioritised appropriately according to importance such that key monthly and annual deadlines are met in a timely basis, and where support is needed on lower priority items this is delegated effectively to an appropriate member of the team.
- Spend appropriate time with junior and new members of staff in develop their technical and business knowledge on the understanding of building an effective operational Finance team to support your needs as a manager of the Finance function.
Why Global Lingo
- Competitive compensation plan
- Implemented strategy for personal development plan
- Flexible working policy
- Constructive and consultative working environment
- Benefits plan
*Our benefits plan varies according to the country you are located in, so please reach out in case you have any questions.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply today!
Certified as a Great Place To Work
Everyone who works at our offices knows what a great working environment and culture we have. But it’s always nice when the effort we put in gets recognised.
You can find out more on our Great Place To Work profile.